Tuesday 6 August 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Return of Frank James, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1940 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Louise Sorel in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (BS I Love You, Crimes of Passion).
- Pia Schutzmann: Danish painter, printmaker and sculptor.
- Mukhu Aliyev: Russian philologist and politician 2nd President of Dagestan.
- Egil Kapstad: Norwegian pianist and composer.
- Louise Sorel: American actress.
- Estonia is annexed into Soviet empire
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?