Thursday 6 August 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Jung and Byard Lancaster.
Bambi, directed by James Algar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1942 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- George Jung: American convicted drug trafficker.
- Byard Lancaster: American saxophonist and flute player (d. 2012).
- Assinibaine destroyer sinks U-210
- Churchill fires General Auchinlek as Middle-East Commandant
- Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?