Monday 6 August 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Jones and Andy Messersmith.
Ziegfeld Follies, directed by Lemuel Ayers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1945 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Ron Jones: English director and production manager (d. 1993).
- Andy Messersmith: American baseball player and coach.
- Hiroshima Peace Day-atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima by Enola Gay
- American Colonel Paul Tibbets and the crew of the Enola Gay, flying at 31,600 feet altitude, drop a 4400kg uranium-based atomic bomb over Hiroshima, Japan, set to detonate at 1850 feet above the city. The blast has the impact of a 500-mph wind, leveling almost everything within a two-mile radius, destroying 70,000 buildings, sixty percent of the city. 70,000 people are killed, and 80,000 wounded. The atomic bomb becomes the largest man-made explosion in history, and largest single killer in
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?