Tuesday 6 August 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Time of Their Lives, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1946 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Judy Craig: American singer (The Chiffons).
- Allan Holdsworth: English guitarist songwriter and producer (UK The Tony Williams Lifetime HoBoLeMa and Tempest).
- Masaaki Sakai: Japanese actor and singer (The Spiders).
- Roh Moo-hyun: 16th President of South Korea (d. 2009).
- Dusty Rhodes: Australian baseball coach (1996 Olympics).
- Tony Lazzeri: American baseball player and manager (d. 1946).
- US officially submits to jurisdiction of World Court.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1946 and get them!