Friday 6 August 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William McCrea .
Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Alan Dale Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1948 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- William McCrea: Irish soldier and politician.
- Dreesgovt (KVP / Social Democratics / CHU / Liberal) forms
- Bob Mathias, US, wins decathlon at London Olympics.
- Fanny Blankers-Koen (Netherlands) is first women to win three golds at Olympics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?