Sunday 6 August 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sunset Blvd., directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1950 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Dorian Harewood: American actor in film and TV, a strong supporting performer in many movies and miniseries, memorable as the lead in "The Jesse Owens Story" on TV.
- Dorian Harewood in Dayton: Ohio, USA; actor (Earl - Glitter, Trauma Center).
- Nathan Purdee: Actor (Nathan - Young and the Restless, Hank-1 Life to Live).
- Winston E Scott: Miami, Florida -- USN Commander / Astronaut (STS 72, 87).
- Monarchist demonstrations lead to a riot in Brussels.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?