Wednesday 6 August 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1952 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Barrel Scherpenzeel: Rocker (Earth, Wind & Fire).
- Wojiech Fortuna: Poland -- Ski jumper (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- David McLetchie: Scottish politician, Member of Parliament in 1999 for the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
- Pat MacDonald: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Timbuk3).
- Ton Scherpenzeel: Dutch keyboard player songwriter and producer (Kayak Camel and Earth and Fire).
- Vinnie Vincent: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Kiss and Vinnie Vincent Invasion)
- Satchel Paige, 47, becomes oldest pitcher to win a complete shutout
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?