Tuesday 6 August 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Michael] Tony Dees and Kimberley Conrad Hefner.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Lord of the Flies, directed by Peter Brook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1963 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- [Michael] Tony Dees: Pascagoula, Mississippi -- Hurdler.
- Kimberley Conrad Hefner: Moulton, Alabama -- Playmate of year (Jan, 1988).
- Thomas Bohrer: US West Islip, New York -- Rower (1992 Olympics).
- Kevin Mitnick: American computer hacker, world famous.
- Eros Poli: Italian professional bicyclist, the winner of a Gold Medal at the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984.
- Michelle Yeoh: Movie Actress
- Tomoyuki Dan: Japanese voice actor (d. 2013)
- Charles Ingram: English soldier author and game show contestant
- Tom Keene: Actor (Our Daily Bread), dies of cancer at 68.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?