Thursday 6 August 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Mooney and Lauren Cowan.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1964 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- John Mooney: Seattle, Washington -- Sprint kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Lauren Cowan: Benalla, Victoria -- Golfer (1994 66th English Womens Open).
- Moosie Drier in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Laugh-in).
- Robert Mimbs: CFL running back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Sharon Gusberti: Italian film actress and fashion model, whose career in the entertainment world was very short.
- Gary Valenciano: World Music Singer
- Lisa Boyle: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Showgirls)
- Moosie Drier: American actor and director
- Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo: Nigerian journalist activist social media expert and pharmacist
- Pope Paul VI publishes encyclical Ecclesiam Suam
- Prometheus, a bristlecone pine and the world's oldest tree, is cut down.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?