Sunday 6 August 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1967 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Archbishop Alexy Bondarenko: Ukrainian-born American theologian.
- Lorna Fitzsimons: English businesswoman and politician.
- Mike Greenberg: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Julie Snyder: Canadian talk show host and producer.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open
- Minn Twin Dean Chance perfect games Boston Red Sox, 2-0 in 5 innings
- Oriole Brooks Robinson hits into a record 4th triple play
- Pope Paul VI publishes constitution Pro comperto sane
- A pulsar is noted by Jocelyn Bell and Antony Hewish. The discovery is first recorded in print in 1968: quotAn entirely novel kind of star came to light on ''Aug. 6 last year'' ...quot. The date of the discovery is not recorded.
- Vietnam War: The People's Republic of China agrees to give North Vietnam an undisclosed amount of aid in the form of a grant.
- A general strike in the old quarter of Jerusalem protests Israel's unification of the city.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1967 and get them!