Wednesday 6 August 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Lanckohr and Elliott Smith.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
More, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1969 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Roberto Lanckohr: Soccer player (MVV).
- Elliott Smith: American singer-songwriter and musician.
- Simon Doull: New Zealand cricketer and sportscaster.
- Jamie Thraves: English film writer director and music video director.
- Theodor Adorno: German philosopher, social theorist and music critic.
- Baltimore Orioles pull their third triple play (5-4-3 versus Kansas City Royals).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?