Sunday 6 August 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Miss You by The Rolling Stones.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1978 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Marisa Miller: American model.
- Brian Maillard: Swiss guitarist (Dominici).
- Katie Price: English model actress and singer.
- Reuben Rox: American actor director and producer.
- Marvel Smith: American football player.
- 60th PGA Championship: John Mahaffey shoots a 276 at Oakmont Country Club - Pennsylvania
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Colgate Europea Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?