Monday 6 August 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
More American Graffiti, directed by B.W.L. Norton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1979!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1979 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jennifer Exaltacion: Windsor, Ontario -- Gymnist (1996 Olympics).
- Francesco Bellotti: Italian cyclist.
- Jaime Correa: Mexican footballer.
- Jonathan Glanfield: English sailor.
- Megumi Okina: Japanese actress and singer.
- Travis Reed: American basketball player
- Kurt Kasznar: Actor (Cmdr Fitzhugh-Land of the Giants), dies at 65.
- 61st PGA Championship: David Graham shoots a 272 at Oakland Hills, Michigan
- Marcus Hooper, 12, is youngest person to swim English Channel
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?