Monday 6 August 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vedad Ibisevic and Sofia Essaïdi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beaky and the Egg Snatchers or Excitebike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1984 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Vedad Ibisevic: Bosnian footballer.
- Sofia Essaïdi: Moroccan singer dancer and actress.
- Eva-Maria Hoch: Austrian tennis player.
- Vedad Ibišević: Bosnian footballer.
- Jesse Ryder: New Zealand cricketer.
- 203.05 million shares traded in New York Stock Exchange
- Carl Lewis wins his second (long jump) gold medal in Summer Olympics.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?