Thursday 6 August 1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rémy Riou and Brooke Lawson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Masters of the Universe, directed by Gary Goddard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlantis or Global Commander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1987 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Rémy Riou: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played for Lyon (2003–2007), Lorient (loan, 2006–2007), Auxerre (2007–2011), Toulouse (2011–2012) and Nantes (2012–).
- Brooke Lawson: YouTube Star.
- Charley Chase: American porn actress.
- Joran van der Sloot: Dutch figure in the Natalee Holloway case.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?