Wednesday 6 August 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, art by Mary GrandPr?? was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 6 August 2003 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 August
- 2003 California recall: Arnold Schwarzenegger announces he will run for Governor of California in the recall election of Gray Davis.
- Florida is set to begin paying in fees to pilot/database guru and alleged former drug smuggler turned government informant Hank Asher in payment for his Matrix system, a rapidly searchable database combining existing police records and several large commercially available computer databases. Civil libertarians are outraged at the system, claiming it is Orwellian and reminiscent of the Federal Total Information Awareness program. The United States Department of Justice and Department of
- An Italian laboratory announces the birth of the world's first cloned horse, Prometea.
- The United States Pentagon establishes that a unit of military personnel has arrived in Liberia, coordinating support for the West African peacekeepers in the country.
- North Korea and Iran are planning to form an alliance to develop long-range ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads. Under the plan, North Korea will transport missile parts to Iran for assembly at a plant near Tehran, Iran.
- Real IRA leader Michael McKevitt is convicted in the Republic of Ireland's Special Criminal Court of two terrorist offences, ampquotdirecting terrorismampquot and ampquotmembership of an illegal organisationampquot. One of the key witnesses was David Rupert, an FBI agent who posed as a member of the Real IRA to get close to McKevitt. The three judges of the SCC will sentence McKevitt later.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?