Wednesday 6 August 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Tropic Thunder, directed by Ben Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 August 2008 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 August
- Angelos Kitsos: Greek lawyer and script writer (Born 1934).
- A military junta led by Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz stages a coup d'etat in Mauritania, overthrowing president Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi.
- President Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi of Mauritania is deposed in a military coup d'état.
- At least nine firefighters are missing presumed dead after a Sikorsky S-61 helicopter crashes in northern California. (''The Oregonian'')
- UNICEF releases (''The Straits Times'')
- An explosion on the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline halts oil supplies through one of the biggest pipelines in the world. ( (Hürriyet)
- Salim Hamdan, the former driver for Osama Bin Laden, is convicted of supporting terrorism in the United States in the first military war crimes trial of a terror suspect captured after the September 11, 2001 attacks. (Bloomberg)
- A UH-1H helicopter of the Royal Thai Air Force crashes in Thailand, killing ten. (''The Australian'')
- Competitions start at the Beijing Olympic Games two days ahead of the Opening Ceremony with the Women's football tournament.
- The United States FBI claims scientist Bruce Ivins was responsible for the anthrax scares of 2001 that killed five people and made 17 others ill. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?