Saturday 6 August 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 August 2011 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 August
- 2011 Syrian uprising: The Gulf Co-operation Council urges an end to the ampquotbloodshedampquot in Syria, and calls for reforms. (Al Arabiya)
- The Islamist al-Shabaab rebels in Somalia pull out of the capital Mogadishu. (BBC)
- Police in Saudi Arabia shoot dead a gunman who fired at the palace of Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud in Jeddah. (Al Jazeera)
- A NATO Chinook helicopter crashes in the Sayd Abad district of Afghanistan's Wardak province after being shot down by the Taliban with 37 deaths. (''New York Times'')
- At least 20 of the U.S. Navy SEALs killed in the attack were members of SEAL Team Six, the unit that carried out the operation that killed Osama Bin Laden. The Associated Press and CNN later reported that none of the unit members that participated in the raid were involved. (AP)
- English rioters set police cars on fire on the High Road in the London suburb of Tottenham after Metropolitan Police shot Mark Duggan on Thursday. (BBC)
- 500,000 people are evacuated in eastern China as Typhoon Muifa approaches. (Channel NewsAsia)
- Asylum seekers at the Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre off the Indian Ocean coast of Western Australia start a hunger strike in protest at their deportation to Malaysia. (''The West Australian'')
- Ilya Shikshin won the European Go Championship
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?