Monday 6 December 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Madame DuBarry, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1920 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Peter Dimmock: English sportscaster and producer (d. 2015).
- George Porter: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002).
- David Brubeck: Concord artists.
- Frank Russell: American legal executive and CEO in charge of Central Newspapers, a newspaper chain controlled by the Dan Quayle family.
- Dave Brubeck: American pianist, composer and leader of a jazz quartet, one of the great jazz recording artists who garnered world-wide fame.
- Karel Kovarovic composer: dies at age 57.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Thank God for a Garden - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1920 and get them!