Tuesday 6 December 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Texas Steer, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 December 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 December 1927 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
See other famous people born on 06 December
Jacques Bondon: French musician and composer, he composed the theme for the winter Olympics held in Grenoble in 1968.
Jim Fuchs: American athlete who competed in both the discus and shot put.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1927?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Geraldine Farrar -- Dec. 5, 1927
- Science: Science vol. 66 issue 1718
- Time: Republican Presidential candidate Frank O. Lowden & his wife.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Sinclair Lewis’ world-famous satire of religious hypocrisy and the excesses of the Roaring ʼ20s. Universally recognized as a landmark in American literature, Elmer Gantry scandalized readers when it was first published, causing Sinclair Lewis to be “invited” to a jail ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Tell the world why 6 December 1927 is such a special date for you!