Saturday 6 December 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Van [Robert King] in New York City and Henry Catto.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1930 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Bobby Van [Robert King] in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Hollywood Palace).
- Henry Catto: American businessman and public servant.
- André Lerond: French soccer player.
- Andre Lerond: France sport Champion.
- Daniel Lisulo: Zambian banker and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Zambia (d. 2000).
- 18th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Balmy Beach defeat Regina Roughriders, 11-6
- Pablo Neruda marries Marie A Hagenaar Vogelzang in Batavia
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?