Saturday 6 December 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Van [Robert King] in New York City and Henry Catto.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1930 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Bobby Van [Robert King] in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Hollywood Palace).
- Henry Catto: American businessman and public servant.
- André Lerond: French soccer player.
- Andre Lerond: France sport Champion.
- Daniel Lisulo: Zambian banker and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Zambia (d. 2000).
- 18th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Balmy Beach defeat Regina Roughriders, 11-6
- Pablo Neruda marries Marie A Hagenaar Vogelzang in Batavia
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?