Thursday 6 December 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
'Neath the Arizona Skies, directed by Harry Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1934 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Nick Bockwinkel: American wrestler sportscaster and actor (d. 2015).
- Martin Miler: American banker and CEO in charge of Hibernia, a financial institution.
- Duke Charles Michael of Mecklenburg: head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (Born 1863).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Object of My Affection - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1934 and get them!