Saturday 6 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1941 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- John Nelson: San Jose, Costa Rica -- Conductor (Les Troyens of Berlioz).
- Helen Cornelius in Hannibal: Missouri, USA; country singer (Nashville on the Road).
- Richard Speck: American homicide, a mass murderer who gained entry to a dorm for student nurses, knifing and strangling eight and raping one on 7/14/1966.
- Bruce Nauman: American sculptor and illustrator.
- Bill Thomas: American academic and politician.
- Wende Wagner: American model and actress (d. 1997)
- Dutch and British pilots see Japanese invasion fleet at Singapore.
- New York City Council agrees to build Idlewild (Kennedy) Airport in Queens.
- King Leopold of Belgium marries Lilian Baels.
- World War II: The United Kingdom declares war on Finland in support of the Soviet Union during the Continuation War.
- Soviet counterattacks begin against German troops encircling Moscow. The Wehrmacht is subsequently pushed back over 200 miles.
- WWII: HMS Perseus (N36)is sunk by a mine.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?