Sunday 6 December 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1942 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Len Barry [Leonard Borisoff] in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; rocker (Bristol Stomp).
- Robb Royer: American guitarist keyboard player and songwriter (Bread and The Pleasure Fair).
- Peter Handke: Austrian avantgarde novelist and playwright, gained attention in the spring of 1966 due to an appearance at a meeting of avant-garde artists belonging to the Gruppe 47 in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, where he gave an offensive and provocative public talk.
- RAF bombs Philips factory (150 die)
- Queen Wilhelmina announces Dutch Commonwealth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?