Wednesday 6 December 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1944 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Jonathan King: British pop producer and TV presenter who was arrested on 11/23/2000 for child sex offences committed in the early 1970s.
- Jonathan King in London: England; singer ("Everyone's Gone to the Moon").
- US 95th Infantry division reaches German Westwall.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1944 and get them!