Thursday 6 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
I'll See You in My Dreams, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1951 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Jaquelin Dudley: American microbiologist and assistant professor at the University of Texas.
- Wendy Somes: English ballerina and producer.
- Gerry Francis: English football player and manager.
- Maurice Hope: Caribbean-English boxer.
- Tomson Highway: Canadian and Cree playwright, novelist, and children's author, best known for his plays "The Rez Sisters" and "Dry Lips Oughta Move to Kapuskasing," both of which won him the Dora Mavor Moore Award and the Floyd S. Chalmers Award.
- A state of emergency is declared in Egypt due to increasing riots.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?