Sunday 6 December 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1953 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Gina Hecht in Winter Park: Florida, USA; actress (Melanie - Hizzoner, Mork and Mindy).
- Kin Shriner in New York City: New York, USA, twin brother of Wil Shriner; actor (Scott - General Hospital, Rituals).
- Wil Shriner in New York City: New York, USA, twin brother of Kin Shriner; talk show host (Wil Shriner Show).
- Thomas Hulce in Plymouth: Michigan, USA; actor (Amadeus, Equus, Echo Park).
- Joseph Costello: American technical engineer and CEO of Cadence Design Systems, an electronic design software company.
- Philippe Cronenberger: French sommelier, awarded the title 'Maitre Sommelier de l’UDSF (Union De la Sommellerie Française)' in 1993.
- Dwight Stones: American athlete and sports commentator. Winner of the Bronze Medal at the 1972 Olympics, he was the former world record holder for the high jump event in 1973. A self-appointed crusader for the rights of amateur athletes, his mission was to change the rules governing amateur sports so that track and field athletes can earn a decent living.
- Tom Hulce: American actor
- Sue Carroll: English journalist (d. 2011)
- Gary Goodman: Australian cricketer and coach
- Geoff Hoon: English academic and politician Minister of State for Europe
- Masami Kurumada: Japanese author and illustrator
- Kin Shriner: American actor
- Gary Ward: American baseball player and coach
- Konstanty I Galczynski: Polish Poet (Zielona Ges), dies at 48.
- With the NBC Symphony Orchestra, conductor Arturo Toscanini performs what he claims is his favorite Beethoven symphony, ''Eroica'', for the last time. The live performance is broadcast nationwide on radio, and later released on records and CD.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?