Tuesday 6 December 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1955 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Bill Lloyd in Bowling Green: Kentucky, USA; singer (Foster and Lloyd - "Crazy Over You").
- Tish Hinojosa in San Antonio: Texas, USA; country singer ("Something in the Rain").
- Steven Wright: American comedian and actor, he brings comedy routines to stage and has produced several albums.
- Jeff Stelling: Sportscaster.
- Anne Begg: Scottish educator and politician.
- Rick Buckler: English drummer songwriter and producer (The Jam The Highliners and Time UK)
- Honus Wagner: American baseball player (Born 1874).
- New York psychologist Joyce Brothers wins TV's "$64,000 Question" on boxing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?