Thursday 6 December 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Rainmaker, directed by Joseph Anthony, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1956 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Peter Buck: American musician, a guitarist with the group R.E.
- Hans Kammerlander: Italian mountaineer and guide.
- Randy Rhoads: American musician.
- Randy Rhoads in Santa Monica: California, USA; rocker (Ozzy Osbourne - "Flying High Again").
- Bhimrao Ambedkar: social reformer and architect of the Constitution of India (Born 1891).
- Happy Hunting opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 413 performances
- Nelson Mandela and 156 others arrested for political activities in South Africa.
- A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?