Saturday 6 December 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1958 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:06 December
- Erwin Bodky: Composer, dies at 62.
- US lunar probe Pioneer 3 reaches 107,269 km, falls back.
- The 3rd launch of a Thor-Able rocket, carrying Pioneer 2, is unsuccessful due to a 3rd stage ignition failure.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?