Sunday 6 December 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Will Johnson and Ernest Anthony.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Ringo by Lorne Greene.
In UK Baby Love by The Supremes was in the top 5 hits.
Father Goose, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1964 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Will Johnson: Canadian Football League defensive end (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Ernest Anthony: American homicide; found guilty of attempted murder in 1958 for firing three shots at his former girlfriend and her brother, after which he led police on a chase, barricading himself in his dad's house.
- Giulio Base: Italian actor and director, who had his biggest directorial success with "Europe is La Bomba - Once Upon A Time In Little Italy" (1999), a comedy about the mafia lifestyle, located in New York City.
- Mall Nukke: Estonian painter.
- Consuelo Vanderbilt: American socialite (Born 1877).
- KTVR TV channel 13 in La Grande, OR (PBS) begins broadcasting
- President Segni of Italy resigns.
- The 1-hour stop-motion animated special ''Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'', based on the popular Christmas song, premieres on NBC. It becomes a beloved Christmas tradition, still being shown on television more than 40 years later.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Johnny Rivers - Mountain Of Love
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?