Monday 6 December 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
A Patch of Blue, directed by Guy Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1965 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:06 December
- Alberto Vaccari: Italian jesuit/old testament scholar, dies at age 90.
- 2 trucks crashed into a crowd of dancers (Sotouboua Togo) kills 125
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Dean Martin - I Will
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?