Wednesday 6 December 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1967 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Spanky Marcus in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Jimmy Joe - Mary Hartman).
- Kevin Appier in Lancaster: California, USA; pitcher (Kansas City Royals).
- Judd Apatow: American film director, and screenwriter.
- Hacken Lee: Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actor.
- Arnaldo Mesa: Cuban boxer (d. 2012).
- Lucia Rijker: Dutch boxer and actress
- Adrian Kantrowitz performed the first human heart transplant in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - In And Out Of Love
- Victor Lundberg - An Open Letter To My Teenage Son
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?