Friday 6 December 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Love Child by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Oliver!, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1968 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Akihiro Yano: Japanese baseball player.
- WKID (WSCV) TV channel 51 in Ft Lauderdale, Florida (IND) 1st broadcast
- PBA National Championship won by Wayne Zahn.
- Baseball dismisses Commissioner William Eckert after three years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?