Monday 6 December 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Price in Arcadia and Estelle Denis.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Alice in Wonderland: An X-Rated Musical Fantasy, directed by Bud Townsend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lady of the Camellias.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Indy 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1976 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Lindsay Price in Arcadia: California; actress (The Bold and the Beautiful, All My Children).
- Estelle Denis: French journalist and TV presenter, and amateur poker player.
- Colleen Haskell: American television personality.
- Alicia Machado: Venezuelan actress and singer Miss Universe 1996.
- Lindsay Price: American actress and singer.
- War criminal Pieter Menten arrested in Zurich, Switzerland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
- Firefall - You Are The Woman
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?