Sunday 6 December 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan Corey and Joseph Alminawi.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Taps, directed by Harold Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing My First Alphabet or Video Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1981 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Jonathan Corey: American student at Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA who became a missing person on 1/30/2002.
- Joseph Alminawi: YouTube Star.
- Federico Balzaretti: Italian footballer.
- Robbie Gould: American football player.
- Rob de Castella of Australia sets marathon record at 2:08:18.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Commodores - Oh No
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?