Tuesday 6 December 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Christine, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1983 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- A bomb planted on a bus in Jerusalem explodes, killing six Israelis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Crumblin' Down
- Culture Club - Church Of The Poison Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?