Tuesday 6 December 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Look Away by Chicago.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Rain Man, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1988 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Larry Bourgeois: Dancer.
- Ravindra Jadeja: Cricket Player.
- Laurent Bourgeois: Dancer.
- Sandra Nurmsalu: Estonian singer and violinist (Urban Symphony).
- Nils Petersen: German footballer.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki: Japanese voice actor
- Agnes Neil Williams purchases Baltimore Orioles for $70 million Eli Jacobs becomes CEO of Baltimore Orioles
- Arafat meets prominent American Jews in Stockholm, Sweden
- STS-27 Atlantis lands in California after secret mission
- Milwaukee Bucks win their 1,000th NBA game (second fastest).
- Nelson Mandela is transferred to Victor Vester Prison, Capetown, South Africa.
- Yasser Arafat meets prominent American Jews in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Merv Hughes takes 13 wickets versus West Indies at the WACA but Australia lose.
- The Australian Capital Territory is granted self-government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Look Away
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?