Thursday 6 December 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Addie BabyTeeth4 .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to No One by Alicia Keys.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
I Am Legend, directed by Francis Lawrence, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Double Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ride: Alaska to Patagonia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlackSite: Area 51 or Mario Strikers Charged.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 December 2007 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Katy French: Irish supermodel and socialite (Born 1983).
- The death toll rises to 104 in a northern China coal mine gas blast. (''China Daily'')
- France begins construction on the third unit of the Flamanville Nuclear Power Plant, which will be the world's second European Pressurized Reactor following a week after a record breaking deal with China for new nuclear power. (World Nuclear News)
- United States President George W. Bush writes to North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il asking him to fully disclose North Korea's nuclear program. (AFP via Google News)
- The United States Central Intelligence Agency admits to destroying at least two videotapes documenting the interrogation of two al-Qaeda operatives in custody following Congressional scrutiny. (''The New York Times'')
- The launch of Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'''s STS-122 mission, which will deliver ESA's Columbus module to the International Space Station, is delayed for one day due to a sensor malfunction. (CNN)
- The 2007 laureates of the Right Livelihood Award (aka ampquotAlternative Nobel Prizeampquot) for ampquotongoing successful workampquot are presented in Stockholm, Sweden:
- Christopher Weeramantry for his lifetime of groundbreaking work to strengthen and expand the rule of international law. (DPA via Monsters and Critics.com)
- Dekha Ibrahim Abdi for her mediation work in a conflict-riven region of north Kenya. (Reuters)
- Percy Schmeiser and Louise Schmeiser for their courage in defending biodiversity and farmers' rights, and challenging the environmental and moral perversity of current interpretations of patent laws. (The Right Livlihood Award.org)
- Grameen Shakti wins the Right Livelihood Award for bringing sustainable light and power to thousands of Bangladeshi villages, promoting health, education and productivity. (''Daily News'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?