Monday 6 December 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
The Fighter, directed by David O. Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101 Shark Pets or Bomberman Live: Battlefest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 December 2010 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 December
- Mark Dailey: Canadian television journalist and announcer (Born 1953).
- Somali pirates hijack a Bangladeshi cargo ship off the coast of India. (Capital FM Kenya)
- ''The Washington Post'' reports that an FBI informant so frightened Muslim worshippers by referring to violent jihad while spying on an Islamic community centre in Irvine, California, that they reported him to the authorities. The FBI spy, a convicted fraudster, sues the FBI. (Washington Post)
- Egypt calls in international shark experts following recent attacks, one fatal, on tourists in Sharm el-Sheikh in the past week. (''The Guardian'')
- Israeli firefighters douse the Mount Carmel forest fire which killed at least 41 people in the north of the country. (CNN)
- Officials in Haiti say more than 2,000 people have died in the cholera outbreak. (''USA Today'')
- Iran meets with six world powers in Geneva for talks concerning its nuclear program. (BBC)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables from the United States indicate former Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd suggested the use of force against China if it could not be ampquotsuccessfully integratedampquot into the international community. The Australian government refuses to respond to the release. (ABC News)
- A newly released cable from Hillary Rodham Clinton accuses rich people in Saudi Arabia of being ampquotthe most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwideampquot and that ampquotit has been an ongoing challenge to persuade Saudi officials to treat terrorist financing emanating from Saudi Arabia as a strategic priorityampquot. (''The Independent'')
- Newly released cables reveal American distrust both of Qatar and the country's Al Jazeera international news network, prompting Al Jazeera to release a statement saying that it has resisted pressure from both regional and international governments and ampquothas never changed its bold editorial policies which remain guided by the principles of a free pressampquot. (''The Independent'')
- The cables also reveal that foreign envoys to China from India, Japan, the EU and some African countries complained about the country's ampquotaggressiveampquot nature and that it was ampquotlosing friends worldwideampquot. (''Indian Express'')
- A French court finds Continental Airlines criminally responsible for the crash of Air France Flight 4590 in July 2000. (France 24)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama says that a deal has been reached with the Republican Party to extend the Bush era tax cuts. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?