Thursday 6 February 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hard Boiled, directed by Victor L. Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1919 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Takashi Yanase: Japanese poet and illustrator created Anpanman (d. 2013).
- Friedrich W Mengelberg German sculptor/painter: dies at age 81.
- 1st day of 5-day Seattle general strike
- The Seattle General Strike begins. Over 65,000 workers strike.
- Friedrich Ebert is elected President of Germany.
- The Seattle General Strike ends when Federal troops are summoned by the State of Washington's Attorney General.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 February 1919 and get them!