Saturday 6 February 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1943 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Ernie Field: English boxer and rugby player (d. 2013).
- Gayle Hunnicutt: American actress.
- Georgeanna Tillman: American singer and dancer (The Marvelettes) (d. 1980).
- Gayle Hunnicutt in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actress (Legend of Hell House, Dallas).
- Fabian : Pop Singer.
- Fabian Forte in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer ("Turn Me Loose", "Tiger").
- Fabian Forte: American singer and actor, an idolized pop singer with the young crowd from the time of his first film in 1959. His movies include "Hound-Dog Man," "Ride the Wild Surf," "Pretty Boy Floyd" and other such cultural classics.
- HA Seyffardt: Dutch Lieutenant-General/NSB "minister", dies at age 71.
- 1st Spitfire in action above Darwin, Australia, Mu Ki-46 shot down
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Saludos Amigos to theaters in the USA. It includes the animated short films: Lake Titicaca (with Donald Duck), Pedro, El Gaucho Goofy (with Goofy), and Aquarela do Brasil (with Donald Duck).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 February 1943 and get them!