Monday 6 February 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Young Man with a Horn, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1950 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Timothy Dolan: American cardinal.
- Natalie Cole: American singer and noted family, the daughter of popular music entertainer of the '50s, Nat "King" Cole.
- Punky Meadows in Washington: DC, USA; rock guitarist (Angel).
- Natalie Cole in Los Angeles: California, USA; singer ("Unforgettable", "Pink Cadillac", "Miss You Like Crazy").
- Mike Batt: Composer / arranger.
- Rich Glover: NFL Player
- Georges Imbert: French chemical engineer and inventor (d. 1950).
- First Cabinet Secretary N.R.Pillai appointed in India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Lee Wills - Rag Mop
- Teresa Brewer - (Put Another Nickel In) Music! Music! Music!
- It Isn't Fair - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Bing Crosby - Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy
- Rag Mop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?