Tuesday 6 February 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1951 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Margo : Actress (Rumba, Viva Zapata), dies at 68 of a brain tumor.
- Marco Antônio: Brazilian footballer.
- Huw Lloyd-Langton: English guitarist (Hawkwind Widowmaker and The Meads of Asphodel) (d. 2012).
- Kevin Whately: English actor.
- Marie-Christine : Belgian royalty, the second-born daughter of King Leopold III and his second wife.
- Maria Christina: Belgian Princess / Daughter of Leopold III
- Marco Antonio: Brazilian footballer
- Margo O'Donnell: Irish singer
- Jacques Villeret: French actor, best known internationally for his role as François Pignon in the comedy "Le Dîner de Cons." During his career, he earned many awards including the prestigious medal and title of Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur.
- Gabby Street: former MLB player (Born 1882).
- Broker Special train crashes in Woodbridge NJ, killing 84
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site Argonne Atomic Lab (Ill), to demonstrate lax in security
- Radio commentator Paul Harvey arrested for trying to sneak into the Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago, Illinois, to demonstrate lax security.
- "Broker Special" train crashes in Woodbridge, New Jersey, USA, killing 84.
- The Broker, a Pennsylvania Railroad passenger train derails near Woodbridge Township, New Jersey. The accident kills 85 people and injures over 500 more. The wreck is one of the worst rail disasters in American history.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aba Daba Honeymoon - Debbie Reynolds & Carlton Carpenter
- Dinah Shore & Tony Martin - A Penny A Kiss
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 February 1951 and get them!