Friday 6 February 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Susie Hutchison in Flintridge and Nicolas Joel.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1953 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Susie Hutchison in Flintridge: California, USA; equestrian show jumper (Olympics-1996).
- Nicolas Joel: French opera theater director and administrator, who was director of the theater du Capitole in Toulouse from 1990 to 2009 and director of the Paris National Opera from 2009 to 2014.
- Alain Laurent: French race horse owner, trainer and jockey, who won the Prix de Cornulier three times (1974, 1983, 1999).
- US controls on wages and some consumer goods are lifted.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?