Monday 6 February 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Grovenor in Baltimore and Amaury Closel.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1956 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Linda Grovenor in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actress (Die Laughing, Wheels of Fire).
- Amaury Closel: French composer and conductor, amateur athlete (high jump).
- Al Trenkler: American homicide; devised a plot in which Tom Shay's hated dad would be killed.
- Nazan Öncel: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Jon Walmsley: English-American singer-songwriter and actor.
- French premier Guy Mollet pelted with tomatoes in Algiers.
- University of Alabama refuses admission to Autherine Lucy (because he's black).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?