Wednesday 6 February 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Townsend in Chicago and Jerry Marotta.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Face, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carosello.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1957 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Robert Townsend in Chicago: Illinois, USA; comedian/actor (Hollywood Shuffle, Ratboy).
- Jerry Marotta: rocker (Orleans - "Love Takes Time").
- Claude Onesta: French handball coach, responsible for France’s Men’s handball team since 2001.
- Robert Townsend: TV Actor.
- Kathy Najimy: American actress and comedienne.
- Matthew Best: English bass singer and conductor
- Andres Lipstok: Estonian economist and politician Estonian Minister of Economic Affairs
- Simon Phillips: English drummer (Toto Michael Schenker Group 801 RMS and PhD)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?