Sunday 6 February 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Labbrook and Shawn Respert NBA guard (Milwaukee Bucks.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1972 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Mark Labbrook: Australian 200 metre/400 metre runner (Olympics-1996).
- Shawn Respert NBA guard (Milwaukee Bucks: Toronto Raptors).
- Stefano Bettarini: Italian football/soccer player who played as a defender.
- Roberto Calcaterra: Italian member of the Men's Water Polo team; winners of a Bronze Medal at the Atlanta Olympics 7/28/1996.
- Barbara Fusar Poli: Italian ice-skating world champion with her ice-dance partner Maurizio Margaglio.
- Julian H Steward: US anthropologist (South American), dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?