Wednesday 6 February 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan Davis and Olaf Lindenbergh soccer player (Ajax.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love's Theme by Love Unlimited Orchestra.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Come Nineveh, Come Tyre by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1974 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Nathan Davis: defensive tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Olaf Lindenbergh soccer player (Ajax: De Graafschap).
- Aljo Bendijo: Filipino journalist.
- 3rd time Rangers shut-out Islanders 6-0
- Dutch speed limit set at 100km due to oil crisis
- US House of Representatives begins determining grounds for impeachment of President Richard Nixon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 February 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?