Monday 6 February 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Sex, Lies, and Videotape, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Midnight by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1989 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Craig Cathcart: Irish footballer.
- Jonny Flynn: American basketball player.
- Natapohn Tameeruks: Thai actress.
- Gemma Forsyth: TV Actress.
- Lech Walesa begins negotiating with the Polish government.
- The Round Table Talks start in Poland, thus marking the beginning of overthrow of communism in Eastern Europe.
- The government of the People's Republic of Poland holds formal talks with representatives of Solidarity movement for the first time since 1981.
- The People's National Party, led by Michael Manley, wins the Jamaican general election.
- The Los Angeles, California City Council bans the sale or possession of semiautomatic firearms.
- Ron Brown is elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee, becoming the first African American to lead a major United States political party.
- U.S. President Bush meets Canadian prime minister Mulroney in Ottawa, laying the groundwork for the Acid Rain Treaty of 1991.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- White Lion - When The Children Cry
- Tiffany - All This Time
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Samantha Fox - I Wanna Have Some Fun
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- Information Society - Walking Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?